Food insecurity is an issue facing families in communities across the country, and according to the USDA, one in eight Americans currently struggles with hunger at some point during the year. Walmart, Sam’s Club, Feeding America and West Ohio Food Bank is committed to providing meals to people in need, and with the sixth annual nationwide “Fight Hunger. Spark Change.” campaign, we are calling on Walmart and Sam’s Club customers and suppliers to join us in helping support people struggling with hunger.
There are three ways customers and members can help fight hunger in our community during the campaign.
- Purchase Participating Products: Customers and members can purchase participating products in stores and clubs or online to donate. 18 participating suppliers include: Bush Brothers, Campbell’s, Conagra Brands, Cliff Bar, General Mills, Gold Peak Tea, Great Value, Hidden Valley, JM Smucker, Kellogg, Kraft Heinz, McCormick, Motts, PepsiCo, Post, Uncle Ben’s, Nature Nate’s Honey and Unilever.
- Each participating item purchased at Walmart will unlock a donation from the supplier equivalent to at least 1 meal secured on behalf of West Ohio Food Bank.
- Each participating item purchased at Sam’s Club will unlock a donation from the supplier equivalent to at least 5 meals secured on behalf of West Ohio Food Bank.
- Donate In-Store: Customers and members can donate the amount of their choice at manned registers and self-checkouts ($1 helps secure at least 10 meals on behalf of West Ohio Food Bank).
- Online Donation: Customers and members can donate the amount of their choice online at www.feedingamerica.org/walmart
All donations made from sales in stores and clubs in our 11 county area will be made on behalf of West Ohio Food Bank and stay in the communities we serve.
West Ohio Food Bank is proud to be a partner with Walmart and Sam’s Club in our fight against hunger. To learn more about the campaign visit www.walmart.com/fighthunger.