West Ohio Food Bank is in need of volunteers to sell 50/50 tickets at Eldora Speedway for the following dates/races:
- June 5th, 6th & 7th - Dirt Late Model Dream: Need 8-10 volunteers each day
- July 11th & 12th - King's Royal Weekend: Need 8-10 volunteers each day
- July 22nd & 23rd - Nascar-Mud Summer Classic: Need 10-15 volunteers each day
- Sept. 4th, 5th, & 6th - World 100: Need 12-15 volunteers each day
- Sept. 19th & 20th - 4 Crown Nationals: Need 7-10 volunteers each day
We would like to make sure that you understand the physical requirements for these events.
- Very fast-paced, 8-hr shift
- Limited breaks
- Strenuous walking
- Climbing bleacher stairs
- Extreme elements (heat, cold, possible rain)
- Standing for long periods of time
We appreciate any interest in helping with these, but if you are NOT able to meet the physical demands, we ask that you do not volunteer for these events. We are not trying to steer away potential volunteers from helping us with this, we just need to make sure that volunteers can meet the physical requirements for this type of volunteer work.
If you are able to meet these physical requirements & interested in helping us out, please contact Brian Van Meter or Mike Dobie at 419-296-5563 or you may also email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
If you cannot help with these type of events, there are other ways that you can volunteer for WOFB that do not require such physical abilities.
We are always looking for volunteers to help in our warehouse, packing boxes and/or sorting through donated food. We will also be recruiting volunteers the day of our "Summer Slam Raffle" on August 2, 2014. If you would like to volunteer for this type of work, please contact Ina Mack at 419-222-7946.